xfrun4 org.xfce.RunDialog implementation patch

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Sun Mar 26 20:48:41 CEST 2006

Hey all (esp. Brian, who is hopefully having fun on the sinking ship
Venice, hehe),

attached is a patch for xfce-utils which adds the org.xfce.RunDialog
D-BUS service implementation to xfrun4. This is a modified version of
the Patch Jani Monoses sent to this list a little more than two weeks
ago.
Brian told me that patch still required some tweaking. He seems to be
rather busy at the moment, so I took heart and cleaned up the code,
added more documentation and integrated it into xfrun4.

Could some of you test it? Would be nice, as I'd really like to see
this in the first 4.4 beta already. You could test it in two ways:

I. Without running org.xfce.RunDialog instances:

  Make sure you're NOT running an instance of Verve in your panel. Run
  xfrun4. The run dialog should pop up just like before.

II. With Verve running:

  Check out Verve from the goodies SVN (older versions do not implement
  the D-BUS service):

    svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/xfce-goodies/verve-plugin/trunk \
        verve-plugin

  Install Verve, add an instance to the panel and run xfrun4. Verve
  should grab the focus and start flashing (!!!) until you press a key
  or click on it with a mouse button.

Regards,
Jannis