xfce rc & python

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milosavljevic at liwest.at
Sat Mar 25 19:21:52 CET 2006

Hi,

so Daniele Favara is using the python bindings and stumbled over a major
oversight on my part...

The xfce-rc files of xfce4 are completely non-gobject. The wrapper
generator hates me for that.

Fine, I thought... Then let's just use python's ConfigParser instead.
python's ConfigParser is a module for parsing INI-style files that is
included in python's main distribution.

However, our xfce rc files are not ini files. For one, they don't have a
"[Section Header]"... Now, we could make xfce-rc add that...

But do we want to? Or do we want to stay with the rc format as it is
now?
In other things (comments, etc), are they equal in handling to ini
files?

What about "elevating" xfce rc to gobject? In that late of a phase I
feel uneasy doing that kind of change, so no.

Tell me what you think...

cheers,
  Danny