App idea

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:49:12 CET 2006

I'm not really sure. Do you mean that you want to split the
package after extracting? data in /home/foo and control in
/home/bar?
That's not possible, as far as I can tell. You can however:
1)Extract the whole DEB to a specified directory:
dpkg-deb --extract package_name.deb /home/foo
2)Extract the control part in a certain directory
dpkg-deb --control package_name.deb directory/

I didnt't find a way to extract the data part, I think you
can be creative on that.
Anyway, most of the time, all you want is to see the control
part fast, and you can do this, with dpkg-deb (or ar + tar -C).

Extracting the data part means 90% of the work
anyway - I think that extracting the entire package
and moving/deleting what you want afterwards would be better.

Hope this helps :)