App idea

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:45:48 CET 2006

Basically, you can use dpkg for it, but that wouldn't be very portable.
After all, you may want to extract a DEB on NetBSD for example.
So you should probably use ar:
-> ar t package_name.deb to see the contents
-> ar x package_name.deb to extract the contents
 From there it should be plain sailing, using the tar wrappers you
already have.

I can be a beta tester for it, if you like :)

Regards,
Oblio