pyxfce panel plugin

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:01:28 CET 2006

On 3/19/06, Danny Milosavljevic <danny.milosavljevic at liwest.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 16.03.2006, 08:42 +0100 schrieb daniele favara:
> > hi all,
> >
> > i decided to test pyxfce ... and here there is a first panel plugin in python.
> >
> > bzr:     http://www.dsslive.org/bzr/basilico/
> > tar.gz: http://www.dsslive.org/downloads/basilico/
> > shots:  http://www.dsslive.org/mediawiki/index.php/Basilico
> >
> > it would be nice if someone could test it.
>
> nice :)
>
> Works here
>

> > i would even help on writing the pyxfce referencies .. if someone
> > could help me on that, i don't really know how it is normally done.
>
> Depends on what kind of docs you want to write... most of the bindings
> are just generated code so the xfce C docs are usually sufficient for a
> reference...

it would be useful i think to have sae doc as pygtk.

> But for example a tutorial would be nice to have :)
>

> > it's really far from being stable ... but the main issue i found was
> > that i couldn't resize the gtk.Container ... is it me or a pyxfce bug
> > ?
>
> What do you mean? resize what? Containers resize automatically...
> whenever the allocation of the contents changes...

               label=gtk.Label("Computer")
               #label=gtk.Label()
               label.set_size_request(args[0],128)
               #print "=======================",label.get_size_request()
               label.show()
               # === Add Label and Icon to Box ===
               box.pack_start(icon,expand=True, fill=True, padding=0  )
               #box.add(icon)
               box.pack_end(label,expand=True, fill=True, padding=0  )
               #box.add(label)

i would expect here to have:

[icon | computer] (as for xfce4-menu plugin)

but the button size doesn't change.