xfce4-panel and SIGTERM

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Mar 18 19:45:10 CET 2006

Adriano Winter Bess schreef:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 03:20:05PM -0300, Adriano Winter Bess wrote:
>> [...]
>> Interesting, it didn't occur to me that the panel could be crashing before the
>> messages. I'll provide a backtrace soon.
>
> Backtrace attached. I don't have debug enabled versions of gtk, glib, etc.
> currently installed, so I don't know whether this will be usefull at all.
>
> Regards,
> Adriano

What does it say above this? SIGSEGV in ...

> #0  panel_app_get_monitor (n=0) at panel-app.c:815
> No locals.
> #1  0x080530f4 in panel_resize_function (window=0x80db7b0, panel=0x80db7b0, old=0xbfdbed7c, new=0xbfdbed6c, x=0x80db870,
>     y=0x80db874) at panel-properties.c:379
>         priv = (PanelPrivate *) 0x80db890
>         xmon = <value optimized out>

Hmm, maybe the resize function is being called while the panel is being
destroyed... I can try to disconnect these handlers, before destroying
any widgets.

I'm totally not sure how the presence or absence of xfapplet could have
any effect on this, though.

	Jasper