transparent window manager

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Mar 14 20:10:09 CET 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

>>>You'll need to change toolkits first (the xterm hack is really awfull
>>>btw). But besides the eye-candiness factor, what would be the benefit?
>
> The benefit is having the semi-transparent terminal, which I've found
> useful when working in several different windows at once, but the text
> is much more readable since it's opaque.

It's fun for two or three minutes, but you'll get frustrated real soon.
If you ever tried to work with a transparent terminal window displayed
over a browser with a busy website (advert gifs), you'll know how nice
opaque black background can be. ;-)

You can try this easily on OS X if you happen to have a Mac around.

> 	-brian

Benedikt