save as dialog box

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 02:44:47 CET 2006

i just noticed that theres some pretty sweet open dialog boxes, but
the save as dialog boxes are still a bit buggy. would be nice if they
could be more like the open boxes. heres a list of what i can remember
at the moment.

1.) they seem to pick their own size, and when to remember it. mostly
i notice this when it tries to fit the gui in half the size, and
nothing can show up. also, after i resize it, it seems to remember my
changes for a random amount of time, either spanning days or minutes.
quite odd, seems session independant too (logout doesnt always affect
it)

2.) the save in folder is useless, as it only gives 2 choices by
default (home and root), unless you pick some favorites in thunar,
which are often my file managing places, not my document saving in
places.

i would recommend just losing the bar, and have the browse other
folders expanded automaticly. also maybe move the name box to below
the browse for other folders? but that works up at the top.

another idea would be to take the file type chooser, and put it to the
right of the nameing box, where the file extension would normally be
typed. that might be something interesting to play around with, but i
dont think it would speed up usability. maybe someone can spin a good
idea off it.

--
If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!