transparent window manager

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 00:07:03 CET 2006

yup, that would be exactly it. is this in svn now for all of us to go enjoy?

benedikt: some kde window decorations have fake transparency, and its
come up on #xfce a couple times. there might also be one or two xfwm4
themes that try to do that. very nice effect for those of us that cant
read transparent text.

On 3/13/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >>about the composite in xfwm4, is it possible to make the window
> >>manager transparent seperate of the rest of the window? mainly im
> >>intrested in having a window manager thats about 30% translucent,
> >>while the window is 100% solid.
> >
> > Like that, you mean?
> >
> > http://www.foo-projects.org/~olivier/preview/transparent-frames.png
>
> I could swear I've seen that before... nevertheless, looks nice with the
> default WM theme. ;-)
>
> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.
>
> Benedikt

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!