screenshot plugin and xfmenu grab

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:57:40 CET 2006

> I haven't looked at the code, but what is the advantage of making this a
> plugin? I would think a screenshot utility that can be run from a
> launcher will work just as well and it has the advantage of being able
> to bind it to a shortcut.

Indeed, that would be nicer. I started from the existing plugin and
while thinking it should eventually be an external plugin callable
standalone I did not think of actually dropping the plugin capabilities.

One thing I see as and advantage for the plugin as that one could
configure it instead of the launcher on right click, with no need for
separate config-file handling.
show-desktop and the action plugins are can also be done using small
progs which could be separately bound to keys, I thought of the
screenshot plugin along similar lines.

Jani