screenshot plugin and xfmenu grab

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 11:22:44 CET 2006

Hello

Here's a port of the 4.2 screenshot plugin to the new panel. Added some
features such as image preview in save dialog, select windows
not whole screen only, properties menu. There's still polishing to
do especially wrt the UI. It may be that following gimp screenshot's
ui is best but I am open to suggestions.

One thing I came across is that trying to pick a window to shoot fails
if the desktop menu plugin is active, so not only itself, but no other
window can be selected in this case. Since gimp fails similary the error
being pointer is already grabbed, I think it may be an xfdesktop bug
or at least a behaviour which causes bad interaction. Is the only way
for the menu to to work to keep the X pointer grabbed as long as it's
active?

Another question: do you think that this plugin in one form or another
is suitable to live in the panel proper or a separate goodie
is more appropriate?

thanks
Jani