Some configuration dialogs don't show up in the panel

Joao Pedrosa joaopedrosa.news at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 20:58:16 CET 2006

Hi guys,

This is one of the things that I hate on Windows, when some windows
don't show up in the task list. For example, some configuration windows
from the Configuration Panel. Until now, I hadn't noticed that some
windows on Xfce aren't showing up in the panel tasks list either. Here is
a list of windows that don't show up in the task list for me:

1. By right clicking on the Xfce Menu button, I can access the properties
of the menu, but that windows does not show up in the task list.

2. By right clicking on the task list, I can access the properties of the
task list, but the windows does not show up in the task list either.

Well, it seems like the problem has to do with these dialogs created
from the panel plugins. When these dialogs get hidden beneath
other windows it's hard to access them again, which may be a problem
for normal users. Also, when the dialog gets hidden it may block the
right click on the button from which it was launched, like in the
Xfce Menu button.

Is it a problem for anyone else?

Thanks.

Cheers,