xfdesktop error (rev 20316)

Arjen Stolk arjen.1729 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:06:28 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/10/06, Martin Wilke <unixfreunde at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have compieler error under gentoo linux (gcc 3.4.5)
> can you maybe help me with this error message?
>
> [ error message ]

Did you perchance disable desktop icons in your configuration? It
looks as though the code declares the desktop_icon_style variable in
an #ifdef -ed block, but then the set_di_option function is NOT #ifdef
-ed out and uses this variable. So unless you want to hack the source,
I guess you should add --enable-desktop-icons to your configure
options (although I think they should be on by default, in which case
you should remove the --disable-desktop-icons option) or wait for
someone to patch it, of course (I have neither the time nor the skill
)

> Greetz Martin

- Arjen