xfrun and dbus

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:55:52 CET 2006

> Fallback = if libdbus is not available. This way xfrun4 can still use
> other implementations of org.xfce.RunDialog (i.e. in xffm or Thunar). On
> the other hand, this is less important, as Thunar will probably also be
> built w/o D-BUS then.

Right, if a system has dbus libs it is likely that if there's a service
  provider, xfrun4 will also be built with it. Most new distros where
xfce 4.4 will be provided have dbus as default and as such will build
terminal, xfmedia and xfrun with dbus. Users who build their own from
svn can rebuild when they think they want to use dbus. I think this will
be a category of users who know what they are doing so they can just as
well bind the key to dbus-send directly.

So I'd rather keep it simpler, as it is now.

Maybe distro packagers can chip in regarding the default config options
they use for building the xfce suite?

Jani