Special locations icons

jp jp.guillemin at free.fr
Wed Mar 8 20:34:11 CET 2006

Stefan Stuhr wrote:
> ons, 08 03 2006 kl. 19:23 +0100, skrev jp:
>
>> jp wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to specify (system-wide) special icons for some
>>>
>> locations?
>>
>>> ie :
>>> /mnt/cdrom
>>> /mnt/usb
>>> /mnt/floppy
>>>
>>> -> same feature as for "/home"
>>>

> I don't believe it can be done system-wide. It may, however, be possible
> on file manager level, depending on the file manager.

Yes, of course, by system-wide I meant "not user specific" , in example
: not from /etc/skel/.config setting
> So, for which file manager do you want to specify the icons?
>       * Xffm?
>       * Thunar?

Thunar , sorry for the lack of information
> It may not be possible in either, but you should at least be able to get
> a specific answer.

Yep, thanks, more clearly my idea is : configure Thunar to show a
specific icon for some specific directories, as it already does for $HOME.

Specifying default emblems ('system wide' hehe ;) ) for all users could
be a workaround,  and would be OK.

JP