Minimizing/maximising applications using the systray (gaim/liferea)

Lasse Bigum Lasse at hardwareonline.dk
Tue Mar 7 00:06:48 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm a Gentoo user running the SVN version of Xfce, and I am experiencing
different behaviour in the SVN version, than in 4.2.x.

In 4.2.x, I can have Gaim and Liferea running in the systray, and they
can both be showing their respective windows on desktop 1. If I switch
to desktop 2, and click the systray icon, i.e. Gaim, it would first
minimize on desktop 1, removing itself from the task list, and a second
click would bring the application window (buddy list in this case) up on
desktop 2. Ditto for Liferea. First click minimizes to the systray,
second one restores the window on the current desktop.

With the SVN version, this behaviour has changed to just
minimizing/maximizing the application window on whatever desktop the
application window is running on. So if Gaim is showing the buddy list
on desktop 1, and I switch to desktop 2, and click the systray icon, it
minimizes, but the second click restores the buddy list to desktop 1
once more. If I instead go to desktop 1, click the Gaim systray icon to
minimize the buddy list, and *then* go to desktop 2, and click the
systray icon, it restores the buddy list correctly to desktop 2.

I'm sort of hoping this is a bug, as it sure is not expected behaviour
for me. The old behaviour from 4.2.x seemed more natural.

I'll go file a bug report if this is confirmed to be something that
should be fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Lasse