[semi-off : help]

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Thu Mar 2 13:46:24 CET 2006

SZERVÁC Attila wrote:
>  Colossus,
>
>  the Author of i18n-ed Xarchiver contends with D&D problems with Thunar.
>
>  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2006-March/msg00005.html
>
>  Can You (Thunar Devs) help?

Thunar accepts only text/uri-list and XdndDirectSave0 drops. For
text/uri-list drops, the URIs must be valid file:-URIs.

I'm not sure what the author wants to do exactly, but I guess he wants
to add support to Xarchiver to drag files from an archive to a folder.
While it is possible to do this using text/uri-list (with a few hacks,
i.e. you need to extract the files first, prior to dropping them), I'd
suggest to use XDS (X Direct Save Protocol), which is supported by
Thunar and ROX (and Nautilus support is in progress IIRC). You can find
an example for XDS from a treeview in xfce4-session's balou config
plugin, see:

http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfce4-session/trunk/engines/balou/config.c

HTH,
Benedikt