Xfce-panel bug

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 23:21:48 CEST 2006

I tried using pekwm with Xfce. Apparently, there is no way for Pekwm
to maximize a window, without making it enter the panel area (either
goind under the panel, or overlapping it, depeinding on the layer).
One of Pekwm's dev apparently has an explanation: Xfce-panel does not
fully support a specification (EWMH IIRC): Xfce-panel sets
_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 32, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1024, 0,
0 -> in this example, but it does not set _NET_WM_STRUT (not partial,
i'm not sure about the exact name), for older window managers.

He claimed that the spec says that, for backwards compatibilty,
Xfce-panel should set that too. He was not entirely sure, so I may be
pushing it with this bug report :P

So, two questions:
1) is there a command line option of some sort (or an easy way around
this)? all I want to do is the panel to say something like "stay out
of my area", to everybody else, while using Pekwm
2) is this fixed in SVN?

Thank you very much for your time.

BTW, this bug report is here because Xfce-panel is the best panel out
there, and if Pekwm can't live with it, I believe I'll live without
Pekwm. But it would sure be nice to live with both :)

Regards,
Oblio