Xarchiver: help with Drag and Drop

Colossus colossus73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 09:05:49 CEST 2006

On 6/28/06, David Keogh <davekeogh at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I've been playing around with XDS lately as a bit of a learning experience,
> so I may be able to give you a bit of insight. Although, I have been using
> Python, so I won't be able to give you any code you can use directly.

Thank you so much for your kind answer David.

> In the callback for the "drag-begin" signal set your window's XDS property.

That's what I do. I use a while to cycle all the selected rows and I
call  gdk_property_change repeatedly but I realized thanks to you this
is wrong. Hopefully I will be able to complete DnD with XDS protocol
within today.

> I hope this message can be of some use to you. Xarchiver is becoming quite a
> nice piece of software, and once XDS and the command-line switches are
> working I'll be able to banish file-roller from my system.

Xarchiver is growing thanks to all of you who help me and suggest new features.

Giuseppe
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org