Xarchiver: behaviour of switch -n for Thunar integration

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Jun 28 12:47:41 CEST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:34:29 +0200, Colossus wrote:

> On 6/28/06, Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de> wrote:
> > Well, I can't tell whether it works or not, but you can use the
> > thunar-archive-plugin to create/update/extract archives using
> > file-roller and (in the future) Xarchiver.
>
> > The conclusion of my last message is that - if I'm right - the "-n"
> > switch is not used by thunar-archive-plugin. Hence, we don't need it
> > for Thunar integration, which is what this topic is all about.
>
> This is because file-roller doesn't have the switch -n. Xarchiver
> does. So if a new archive should be created by using the Thunar plugin
> by using Xarchiver,  the switch -n is needed.

Err, no. The interface to Xarchiver and file-roller has to be the same.
The thunar-archive-plugin won't use different flags for each
program and thus, "-n" simple will not be used. You can check this by
deactivating the "-n" switch in Xarchiver, install
thunar-archive-plugin and create an archive from the context menu.
The plugin will create it for you, no matter if "-n" is available or
not.

- Jannis