openusability

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:31:01 CEST 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> would there be interest on getting specific Xfce apps or even the whole
> desktop getting checked out by usability people?  I have met Ellen
> Reitmayr from the Open Usability project and she said that time and
> resources permitting, they are willing to help out any open source
> projects that requests their input.

Rereading my mail, I see no mention at all of 'wasteful effort' or
'investing time' on the xfce devs part. It would be just like normal
user bugreports/feedback on interface issues, only from people who
actually have studied users and know what most want, and base their
decision on some experimental data, as opposed to personal taste as it
often happens with very insistent and vocal users.

The offer was that if Xfce is interested _they_ will invest their time
(also volunteer work btw) to help. From what I understood this is the
usual first reaction of various projects so all is not lost ;)

Jani