A quirk with xfwm4.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:29:03 CEST 2006

I took a closer look at my problem after considering some information
you guys posted here. Then I discovered a flaw in my description of
the problem.

The conversations window (the one with the tabs) DOES pop up front,
but it never gets the focus, so now I guess this is a problem with
xfwm4, instead of Gaim (but, please, correct me if I'm wrong).

Lemme put the full (correct) description then:

Running xfwm4 with the following settings (that relate with focus):

Click to focus, Automatically focus created windows, Automatically
raise windows on focus (maximum fast), Raise window when clicking
inside.

NOT activate focus stealing prevention,
HONOR ICCCM hint.

Whenever I double click gaim (1.5.1svn on Ubuntu) buddy list window on
some buddy AND there is a conversation already opened (Gaim configured
with TABS for conversations) it BRINGS the conversation window to
front, but fails to give it focus.

If anyone can tell me how to create one of those movieshots people use
to demonstrate features I can just build one of those and host
somewhere for you to check it out.

Cheers,
Alexandre Moreira.