Accessability Features (Was: Sticky keys patch (work in progress))

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:28:56 CEST 2006

On 6/6/06, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a patch for the Keyboard settings dialog.
>
> It will allow Sticky keys to be configured.
>
> known issues:
>  + if sticky keys are disabled via 'Two Keys Disable'
>       --the settings manager does not notice / do anothing with it.
>  + it does not look pretty.
>
> This does however allow basic sticky keys behaviour to be configured.
>
> Please let me know what you think about it, and suggestions on how to
> improve it.

When i stumbled across XKB and AccessX documentation and articles, i
came across different features that AccessX provides.

One of them i already implemented, StickyKeys, but there are others:

- BounceKeys
- SlowKeys

- Mouse Emulation

The first two are features which only affect the keyboard. Technically
the second does too, but because it is 'Mouse emulation' one could
argue it should reside in the Mouse Settings dialog.

The result would be that we have an Accessibility tab in both plugins.

I would like to suggest dropping either one of them, Mouse and
keyboard plugins, and placing all that in one Accessibility Plugin
(dunno a better name right now).
This could then also be the place where keyboard layouts are configured.

I think it would improve the use of the plugin, though Shortcuts will
probably have a better place in a separate plugin again.

What do you think about this?

Stephan