New Xfce website
jasper at xfce.org
Sun Jun 4 10:42:46 CEST 2006
Stephan Arts schreef:
> On 6/4/06, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:50:39 +0200 - Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>
>> wrote :
>>> Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:34:38 +0200 - "Nick Schermer"
>>> <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote :
>>> I'm working on it ...
>> Hello on this morning,
>> I have done the features page, based on www.xfce.org's one. I removed
>> deprecated stuff and added terminal, xarchiver and xfburn. Just remove
>> what you don't want to show yet. I have taken screenshots, always with
>> the default theme and GIMPed around :)
>> You can have a live preview here:
>> Cheers ;)
> Nice :)
> I am placing it in svn. -- (could take a little while before i commit
> though, don't be alarmed)
A couple of points after a quick read:
- What's the relation with the 'Projects' page? It looks like there's a
lot of duplication. About>Features should be more of a summary of the
desktop environment, not of every module separately, isn't it?
- I like the extra division into categories on the project page
(Desktop, Applications, etc.).
- Libraries are not important features, skip those. The same for xfce-utils.
- Systray is part of the panel, trigger launcher is part of the goodies.
Besides, plugins should not be mentioned separately here, anyway.
- Use capitals in headings, e.g. 'Window Manager' instead of 'Window
It looks pretty good, though. Thanks for working on this,
More information about the Xfce4-dev