C++ patch or .desktop file for desktop icons

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Sat Jul 29 09:37:25 CEST 2006

Brian (and others),

I've experimented a little bit a trash and a Home icon on the desktop.
As Brian suggested in a previous exchange yesterday, the .desktop file
is much easier to setup rather than a C++ patch that creates a "true"
icon. Nevertheless, there is one major drawback of the desktop file: you
can't drag and drop a file on one of those icons.

If anybody has any idea, that would be interesting. Otherwise, I will
probably continue enhancing my initial patch,

Gregoire