Multiple verve-plugins in different panels

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Thu Jul 27 10:04:16 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:17:42 +0530, Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de>
wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:47:27 +0200, Mike Massonnet wrote:
>
>> Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:44:07 +0200 - Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de>
>> wrote :
>>
>> > BTW, I now tweaked the code to allow newer Verve instances to gain
>> > the ownership for org.xfce.Verve, so the last created instance
>> > grabs the focus when verve-focus is executed.
>>
>>   It would make sense if the last focused instance gain the ownership.
>> This way you can have the choice of which verve to focus.
>
> That sounds hacky (messy, even). The last created instance gains
> ownership and is focused. This is what I - as a user - would expect.

Actually, the last created instance is not necessarily obvious -- it's
dependent on how your panel was initialised.

A better solution is to optimise for the most common case (which is a bit
of work). You'll need to restrict verve to have one instance per screen
and verve-focus will focus the verve command line on the invoking screen.

-- b