Diverse issues with r22526

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Tue Jul 25 17:08:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

my apologies in advance, but this is going to be a rather fuzzy report
about some issues I have with revision 22526 (which is why I didn't file
a bug report yet), because I can't tell which component is causing the
problems. I have a suspect though...
Sometimes (well, rather often, but not always) when I try to change
Desktops via a keyboard shortcut, this will only work once (i.e. one
Desktop further). Then I'm unable to get any keyboard focus by clicking
in applications, Alt-Tab stops working,... actually all keyboard action.
Another side-effect is then that the panel would stop working correctly,
in my case it will not hide again and when trying to open the submenu of
a launcher, the arrow-button gets stuck. I have to kill the panel to get
autohide and normal functionality back.
I can regain input focus for all applications, shortcuts, etc. by
launching an application from the panel (e.g. Terminal or Thunar), which
is then focused again correctly. No component is crashing actually,
hence no backtrace.

I have the impression that the aforementioned behavior gets triggered
either by maximizing a window and/or switching desktops. Could this be
an issue with xfwm4's maximizing/focusing code? I noticed some recent
changes (e.g. the window boarders are not shown any more for maximized
windows).

Sorry I can't be more specific, please tell me what other information
you need.

Best,   Nick.