[Goodies-commits] r1769 - / xfce-menu

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:43:02 CEST 2006

2006/7/17, Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de>:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:03:46 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> > I wonder if we should create a sandbox library a la gnome's libegg...
>
> Yup, something like this would be nice, though I'm not sure it's worth
> the effort. The only situation (in the near future) apart from what I
> called "libxfce4menu" for now would be the re-organization of the Xfce
> libraries which someone (was it Benny?) suggested a few months ago.

Benny suggested to split libxfcegui4 in libxfce4netk and libxfce4ui and then
cleanup the Xfce widgets and wrappers, IIRC.

> On the other hand, maintaining one library instead of several
> SVN projects might save some work. Hmmm, I don't know. What do the
> others think?

Well i think the best is to create libraries for each "category". So if you want
to save a file, you don't have to load a library which also contains widgets
and menu stuff.

> - Jannis

Greets,
Nick