xfce4-4.3.90.2-installer can't find vte location (resolved)

Dale fastfoo at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 13 14:35:45 CEST 2006

Dale wrote:
> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>  > I dunno what would cause this problem, maybe your system has a second
>  > vte.pc for a version < 0.11.11.
>  >
>  > Anyway, here's a workaround to get you started:
>
> Thanks for the response Benedikt.
>
> Terminal's configure failed unfortunately. Pertinent excerpts from the
> error log follow, together with more detail, which may hopefully shed
> more light on the issue.

The installer is finally working!

I decided to investigate how pkg-config is called and after some
homework, noticed that pkg-config was failing due to 3 missing packages,
namely:

inputproto
kbproto
renderproto

It seems I ought to submit a bug report for rubix and the pkgconfig
package's dependencies :)

cheers
Dale