Xfce 4.4 beta2 released!

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Tue Jul 11 08:33:37 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are glad to announce that Xfce 4.4 beta2 (4.3.90.2) is now available
> for download. Besides Mousepad and Thunar, this release also includes
> the new Xfce archive manager Xarchiver. Other than that a large number
> of bugs were fixed, and several core components were improved.
>
> Please help us making Xfce 4.4 the best Xfce release ever, download it,
> try it, help us fixing it!
>
> A list of changes between 4.4 beta1 and 4.4 beta2 is available at:
> http://mocha.xfce.org/release_notes/4.4beta2_changelog.txt
>
> The source tarballs and the graphical installer can be downloaded from:
> http://www.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.3.90.2/
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=19869&package_id=187881
>
> Please report bugs to the Xfce Bug Tracker at:
> http://bugzilla.xfce.org/

To all xfce devs: great job!  Thanks for making what is IMHO the
best window manager available...

I'm working on a build script for Slackware, and I'm curious as
to how the --with-html-dir configure flag applies to the finished
product.  I'm thinking that this is the default location looked
at when the user presses F1 to bring up the documentation, and if
so, does this mean that all components need to use the same
directory for this documentation?  In other words, is it feasible
to separate the documentation for each component into various
directories like this:
   /usr/doc/xfce-4.3.90.2
     ./xfce-mcs-manager
     ./xfce-mcs-plugins
     ./xfce-utils
     ./xfce4-icon-themes
     ... and so on
or does each component's html docs need to be in the same
directory (e.g. /usr/doc/xfce-4.3.90.2) for this to work properly?

Thanks,
Robby Workman
robw810

--