Xfce 4.4beta2 release
colossus73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 15:20:37 CEST 2006
Well, these are the changes from the 0.3.3 release:
- Increased speed ! Xarchiver is faster than ever when opening archives.
- Added Drag and Drop from and to Xarchiver window by
using the XDS protocol.
- Added the (in)famous cmd-line switches; see
xarchiver -? for details.
- Added a Stop button who cancels the current
operation or you can use the ESC key.
- Added the ability to test archives.
- Added an archive properties window showing useful
info about the archive and its content.
- Added two menu entries in the Action menu to select
or unselect the files in the treeview.
- Added support for ISO images (opening, extract and view only).
- "Row selection while you type" ability. Useful when
you have thousand of files inside the archive.
- The extract dialog now "remembers" the last used
- The extract dialog automatically sets the
destination directory as the archive path.
- The enter key can be also used with the extract dialog.
- You can use accelerators (keyboard shortcuts) for
almost the menu entries.
- The Del key can also be used instead of the Delete
button on the toolbar.
- Removed the confirmation dialog when opening bzip2
and gzip compressed files.
- Added a confirmation dialog when deleting files from
- Finally fixed bug randomly causing rar and arj
output badly appears.
- Finally fixed bug randomly causing tar.bz2 and
tar.gz archives to be corrupted when deleting files from them.
- Fixed some memory leaks but surely someone is left :)
- Fixed bug causing filenames with spaces inside the
archive not being viewed.
- Fixed bug causing filenames with spaces in arj
archives appear truncated in Xarchiver window.
- Fixed a bug preventing the file dialog to select
more than one file when adding to arj archives.
- Fixed progress bar not appearing when adding only
one big file to an archive.
- Fixed a bug causing Xarchiver to hang when opening
empty zip archives.
- Fixed a bug causing Xarchiver to exit when opening a
not supported archive directly from the command line.
- Fixed a bug preventing Xarchiver to compress files
with bzip2 or gzip.
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org
Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor - http://cpsed.sourceforge.net
Mizio, a QT proxy hunter scanner tool - http://mizio.sourceforge.net
More information about the Xfce4-dev