Move xfce4-mailwatch-plugin to goodies?

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Mon Jul 10 13:17:24 CEST 2006

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:58:53 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Hey Brian,
> >
> > would you mind if we moved the mailwatch plugin to the goodies
> > repository? I could import it and Benny could remove the directory
> > from the main repository unless you have the time to do that.
>
> Assuming you know how to do it so I don't lose commit history, feel
> free to do it yourself.

I thought this would be easy, but apparently, it's more complex than I
assumed. From the SVN book:

  "Note that while it's okay for your working
   copy to reflect a mixture of repository locations, these locations
   must all be within the same repository. Subversion repositories
   aren't yet able to communicate with one another; that's a feature
   planned beyond Subversion 1.0."

I tried copying as well as merging the URIs, but due to the reason
above, this did not work (copying would have kept the history). Perhaps
someone else knows how to do this (copy parts of repository A into
repository B without losing the history?

Regards,
Jannis