error: Cannot load specified object

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Fri Jul 7 15:22:08 CEST 2006

Hi.

I just compiled xfce4-mixer on OpenBSD (-current under macppc).
While starting xfce-mcs-manager I get the following error :
** (xfce-mcs-manager:28681): WARNING **: Module
/usr/local/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/sound_settings.so cannot be opened
(Cannot load specified object)

And the sound module does not appear in the settings manager.
The xfce4-mixer command works fine though.

If I compile the module using "--disable-shared", then it works fine and I
don't get the error anymore.
Any idea what is going on ?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

--
Antoine

ps: installed xfce related packages: