Keyboard Shortcuts - POWER SLEEP WAKE

Aaron Fineman aaronf0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 23:39:58 CEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i acctaully get that for most of my special keys (internet buttons on
> > the top of the keyboard...). nice to see someone can confirm it. it
> > seems to be a problem with the newer versions of modular X, dont know
> > what you have though?
> >
> > --
> > Aaron Fineman
>
> I didn't understand what you asked exactly but seems to be something
> with X so I'm posting some informations of my X server =)
>
> X Window System Version 7.0.0
> Release Date: 21 December 2005
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.0
> Build Operating System:Linux 2.6.12-1-686 i686
> Current Operating System: Linux melquior 2.6.17.1 #5 Mon Jul 3
> 20:32:28 BRT 2006 i586
> Build Date: 16 March 2006
>         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>         to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Module Loader present
>
> Two words : Xorg 7 =)
>
> I've done a grep in the log files of xorg and got no errors (EE).
>
> Aaron, you should try xhkeys, it works well with that special keys.

ok, seems to be a bug with xorg 7. no clue what to make of it though.
i think this is more X's fault than xfce, and someone will have to
file a bugreport at them, as it also affects a couple other key
programs...

on the other hand, all your keyloggers are now rendered useless, and
your passwords containing sleep, volume up, and web browser characters
are now safe.