Xfce preferred applications framework

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Jan 31 17:25:09 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:59:19 +0100, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> My point was that for people, who use GDM/KDM/<other DM that allows to
> choose the locale>, it might be confusing if they select "German
> (de_DE.UTF-8)" on GDM screen and after logging in the whole desktop
> appears in English (because that's what Xfce things the user wants). We
> need to take care to not mess up in these situations (i.e. sync with
> GDM/KDM).

This was extremely clear in your mail already :^)

I was merely trying to establish good reasons why people would want to
be able to choose from within Xfce. I understand the implications on
the code - and indeed they are ugly, but IMO that's because of gdm/kdm
being such mainstream desktops, or rather, despite ;^).

I should really ask the 'slim' devs to allow languages to be selected ;^)

Auke