Panel feature requests

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Jan 28 09:13:53 CET 2006

Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
> Hey Jasper,
>
> I just found out that you can drag and drop stuff from xfce4-appfinder
> to the starter preferences dialog. This is a great example of usability
> but I'd like to see it being enhanced in some ways (if you don't mind,
> of course - hehe):

;-)

>   1. You can drag items from the appfinder to the start preferences but
>      you can't drag items from one starter dialog to another. Would this
>      be difficult to implement?

Should not be too difficult. The treeview widget should be set as drag
source and provide a special desktop-data target or something.

>   2. I were totally excited if dragging an item from appfinder to
>      the panel would create a new start with this item as first start
>      entry.

If the panel is in customization mode it should be fairly easy. It just
needs a new target for desktop files (or maybe even any file/url).

> Perhaps others have ideas or opinions on this, too. I'd be glad to hear
> from you all.

Well, as you know I only have very limited time these days, so it might
be better if you put a request in bugzilla, so I don't forget. I'd like
to implement both at some point...

	Jasper