4.4 default look

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Jan 25 16:13:28 CET 2006

Carl Bolduc schrieb:
> Here is an example of how orange might look like. Need to tweak it but
> orange go well with green and blue seen in tango icons.
>
> http://agora.ulaval.ca/%7Ecabol36/xfce4.4-orangelook.png
>
> By the way, if you decide to go with the 2 gnome-like panel, I propose (like
> on the screenshot) putting all the task/space manager applets in the bottom
> panel (taskbar, workspace, systray) and everything else on the top panel.
>
> I think that the way the panels are setuped under gnome is very good and
> functional, and the taskbar at bottom is what most people are used to.

In order to satisfy the common KDE or Windows user, you'd have to put
everything into just one panel. Please remember that Xfce is not only
written for people who MAY want to use it but also for those who DO use it.

As always, there are lots of different opinions about how the screen
should be organized - because it's a simple matter of taste (BTW, this
is how I like it: http://gezeiten.org/~jannis/xfce-screenshot.jpg).

Personally, I'd vote for some fresh colors (yellow, orange, green) and a
smooth GTK engine like Clearlooks. I'd also drop the current standard WM
style in favor of a less Visa-like looking one.

Regards,
Jannis