4.4 default look

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:20:46 CET 2006

the reason for the light themes, is that its easier on most peoples
eyes. i think we should stick with the default theme from svn, but
just darken it 1 or 2 shades, keep the old 4.4 layout with taskbar and
system tray on top, and panel with launchers and desk switcher on
bottom.

for the wallpaper, i think something thats mainly the medium-light,
happy type of blue, but not pastel, with some orange in it would look
good. blue/green is easier on the eyes, but kinda boring without
colour. although having a way to set up 2-3 default variations, like
KDE's theme grouper option thing would be intresting...

On 1/24/06, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone schreef:
> >
> > Hey Olivier,
> >
> > Saw your messages in #xfce-dev about your new suggested look[1].  I'm
> > fine with using xfce-smoke, though I'm not too sure about the default
> > color change to the green tones...  I really like the blue ^_^.  What do
> > you think?
> >

> That's a very nice theme indeed. I would always choose a blue color, but
> that might just be me being conservative.
>
> > I guess this also begs the question of whether or not xfdesktop will be
> > the default desktop manager in 4.4.  If Benny will have the desktop view
> > ready for Thunar 1.0, that's another option.  I of course would prefer
> > xfdesktop as the default for obvious biased reasons (and perhaps a
> > couple minor objective ones ^_~), but now we have a couple choices.
> >

> xfdesktop would be the logical choice, for historical reasons alone.
>
>         Jasper

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!