terminal question

jouke hylkema Jouke.Hylkema at onecert.fr
Wed Jan 18 15:23:59 CET 2006

I'm not sure I fully understand the idea or maybe I did not explain
clearly what I meant. Right now I use gnome terminal profiles to open a
tab and do a rlogin,ssh or telnet to a remote machine, jump into the
right directory and have the name of this machine in the title of the
tab. So in a running terminal session it is really easy to connect to a
remote machine by opening a new tab with a given profile. Since I
connect and disconnect a lot it would be handy to have a one button
solution and I could leave gnome with all the above mentioned
disadvantages. I agree that colours,backgrounds,fonts etc per tab are
not really usefull. Well, I hope it's more clear now :-)

Thanks, Jouke