terminal question

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Jan 17 19:51:00 CET 2006

jouke hylkema wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a little question concerning terminal. Is it possible, or will it
> be possible to predefine different profiles as in gnome-terminal. I work
> on a lot of different machines at the same time and find it really
> practical to have tabs with a terminal on each machine.

There's no support for profiles, since 99% of the times you simply don't
need them, but just want to adjust setting XYZ, or run command ABC in
tab 1 and command DEF in tab 2 (e.g. Terminal --command ABC --tab
--command DEF), etc. For the remaining cases where you want to adjust
colors or even advanced settings (backspace, delete, etc.) per
tab/window, you'll need to use gnome-terminal.

> Jouke

HTH,
Benedikt