How to get to the Xfce 4.4 website

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Jan 15 09:30:23 CET 2006

Nick Schermer schreef:
> A couple of small changes:
> * location bar

Good idea.

> * 1 color blue
> * added x2 logo in content pages, not on the front page (yet)

I don't know what the agreement is with the text links that are in there
now. Olivier?

> * Koqueror complaint
> * Font change, hope it's better readable now, it not give me a good
> readable website url :-).

It's still using fixed font sizes. Don't do that. Use 100% for default
fonts and, I would say, between 80% and 200% for other fonts.

I have tried putting everything at 100%, h1..5 at 140%, and download at
150%. The restult looks ok to me, but you may want to make some
non-content parts a bit smaller.

> * Some divs will scale better now, 'download Xfce 4.4' divs will be
> replaced later.
> * Works better on 800x600.
> * Striped css
> * Something i've forgotten.
>
> - home sample <http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/wwwxfce/>
> - content sample
> <http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/wwwxfce/projects.html>

Very nice indeed. I was wondering if the sidebar size should be relative
as well. 13em for the container, 12em for the menu seems to work fairly
well.

Also, maybe we could just use liguid layout with a maximum-width. I
personally would prefer not to have alternative stylesheets. Something
like this:

  #global-page {
   	 width: 100%;
	 max-width: 70em;
  }

I just stole your site and made these changes, it looks like this:

http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/nick.xfce.org/

Used css files: http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/nick.xfce.org/css.tar.gz

What do you think?

	Jasper