Feature Suggestion

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Fri Jan 13 12:43:12 CET 2006

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> IIRC, making the panel unfocusable was a deliberate decision some time
> ago.

Unless there is a good reason why it shouldn't, it does seem rather
arbitrary.

I, for example, have a small panel with only a minicmd. Would be nice to
I could navigate to it by keyboard.

The desktop hasn't needed to accept focus until recently, and it
> doesn't yet support keyboard navigation anyway (yeah, it's on my todo
> list).  Still, the ctrl+alt+shift+tab thing seems like a niche, rather
> undiscoverable feature.  Mainly useful to a minority of power users,
> secondarily for people with disabilities (the latter which I have no
> problem adding features for; the former... eh).

I agree that it's a rather niche feature, but assuming it doesn't add
cruft to the code base, where's the harm in supporting power users?

It's sort of like Alt-F8 to minimize -- not obvious, but very handy once
you've learnt it.

-- b