minimum panel size

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:13:19 CET 2006

Hi

this patch puts panel min/max sizes into defines so they are not
hardcoded in different places. I got here by seeing hangs of the
desktop-menu plugin when the panel is brought down to minimum size (12
currently). After changing the min size to 16 the problem no longer
appears. I assume it is something to do with hardcoded limits in the
menu plugin set_size functions interacting with the panel's own limits
and may a be a gtk label bug triggered because of not sane resizing
params. The bug only occurs if there's a label beside the icon in the
menu plugin.

But I have a related question: isn't 12 too small of a size for the
panel? The icons and text are barely visible even at 16 or 20 pixels at
least on my 800 pixel high screen. Maybe it's a bit better in 800x600.

Jani