How to get to the Xfce 4.4 website

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:51:44 CET 2006

On 1/12/06, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/12/06, Fabian Nowak <timystery at arcor.de> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 11.01.2006, 14:03 -0800 schrieb Brian J. Tarricone:
> >
> > > Also, is it not a fluid layout?  It's framed fairly well on my 1024x768
> > > laptop screen, but I imagine there will be a lot of white space to the
> > > left and right if in a maximised window on my 1600x1200 desktop screen
> > > at home.
> > >
> > > Regardless, this is just picky technical stuff.  Aesthetically, it's
> > > very nice.
> > >
> > >       -b
> >
> > at 1600x1200, nearly maximised opera window with favorites at the left
> > which take about 250px and the xfce iconbox at the right, which takes
> > about 50px, it looks quite ok with about 250px of white space at each
> > side.
> >
> > but i really ask myself who works with a fullscreen browser at this
> > resolution... (i have a browser area of approximately 800x700 normally.)
>
> Everyone has it's own taste...

I normally run my browser in full screen on its own workspace. The
browser area is approximately 1660x950.

> > another annoying thing is that no homepage has smoothly readable font
> > sizes - those used ain't smoothly readable either. you can read it with
> > some comfortable distance from your screen only after pressing '+' 2-4
> > times, which means at 120-140% zoom.
>
> The fonts sizes are a  bit weird at the moment (Body font size is 69%) So
> + 2 times is around 100%. I'll change this later, so all em's are 100%, so
> (i hope) this problem is fixed.
>
> > the blue at the top is much too heavy to be consistent with the notion
> > "lightweight" IMO.
> http://mitglied.lycos.de/timshome/images/xfce_hp.jpg
> > would be more "lightweight".
>
> More people said this, so I'll make it a bit lighter.

I think it actually became a bit too light now. You can barely see
that it is a gradient.

I actually liked the old heavy blue, as it gave a sense of power. I
like dark blue in general, though, so it might just be me :)

Other than that, I think that you've done an excellent job.

Regards, Alexander Toresson