Website Search

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Jan 12 16:27:29 CET 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:30:01 +0100, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is: is it possible to search the mailing lists from php?
> forum should also be possible and the "new" website content well also be searchable,
> including documentation.

The current ML archive is huge - think a few GB's - one of the reasons that I have google search all foo-projects mailinglists. There is a primitive search interface using google at:

http://foo-projects.org/node/23

it would be trivial to merge this functionality with the new site - that would be something I'll do for you.

> PS. This will probably be quite heavy for the *coffee* servers, so google
> could be an alternative.

mocha could handle it but the ML archives are on espresso - hence the reason I picked google instead of figuring out something myself.

Auke