How to get to Xfce 4.4

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Mon Jan 9 19:06:46 CET 2006

Jasper Huijsmans schrieb:
> Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
>
>>Concerning InstallIt (which Jasper forgot to mention):
>

> Crap! I did think of it when I wrote that e-mail though. No idea why it
> didn't end up in there. Sorry.

No problem, hehe.

>>We will have to
>>wait until 4.6 for it to be done, I think. 3-month holidays begin in
>>midth of February and I'm planning to introduce binary package
>>installation, then. Though that will be more or less easy, I don't think
>>InstallIt will be finished before Xfce 4.4.
>

> That's a pity.

Well, perhaps I can implement binary installation until 4.4 so that we
can offer binary packages for different Linux distributions via
InstallIt. Anyway, this depends on the release date of 4.4. And we
should not forget that goodies (which are shipped as source tarballs
most times) still are the most important thing (regarding Xfce) which
InstallIt will have to manage. Remember that a goodies manager was the
starting point once?

Something like a timeline/roadmap would be a great orientation for all
developers, at least for me.

Regards,
Jannis