poking again

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:21:50 CET 2006

Hello,

I have just reread the thread regarding 4.4 release ETA I started a
month ago. The question still stands ;)

>From the outside, it seems to me like the panel finally reached a state
where the UI pleases most people and Olivier has worked on the shortcuts
manager but no idea how far he got with his plans.

For the ubuntu release in 3 months orage and thunar are already included
and I am thinking of xfce session from 4.3 (stable enough, similar to
4.2 and having the nice logout dialog) and the panel if Jasper thinks
it's ok to use it now instead of 4.2 (some plugins still need porting)
since it is much better in many respects.
And orage, session, xfprint work with 4.2 libraries which is nice so
they won't need to be updated too.

I'll probably use current svn snapshots and then apply only bugfixes as
4.3 goes forward if no actual betas/RCs are released in the following month.

thanks
Jani