Truncated systray icons

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Feb 27 20:43:58 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan schreef:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>> Does this work for you? At least when you make the panel large enough
>> for the icon to fit?
>
> I believe you need to remove the gtk_size_request() as it's causing a
> race condition with the application that makes the icon (and achanges
> its size by itself), whetever value you may pass to the size request...
>
> To achieve what you want, you need scale the icon based on size requests
> (ie after the app has resized its icon) and not on dock request.

Hmm, according to the spec: "Tray icons may be assigned any size by the
system tray, and should do their best to cope with any size effectively."

Assigning a size, that would be when docking, right? I don't really see
what would be a better place to handle this. If I don't set the size
during the dock request, the panel will be too big, changing it back
later doesn't sound like a very nice solution.

Am I missing something here? Is there a good solution for this?

	Jasper