old session shutdown helpers

Marcel Pol marcel.pol at home.nl
Mon Feb 27 08:54:48 CET 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:08:31 +0200
Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the redhat shutdown helper still working? I see it is not
> mentioned in the configure script and readme says only sudo is
> supported. I've written a helper which uses HAL for shutting down and
> want to know if it's worth touching the redhat file since I made a
> few cleanups as well in order to more easily add suspend/hibernate.
> Could someone please delete the unused (if any) helpers and indent
> shutdown.c so the diff I post won't contain too many whitespace
> changing noise?

It worked for me in Mandriva, and was used in Mandriva 2006 without
complaints this far. Mandriva isn't Redhat though, but it does use
usermode-consoleonly too. If 4.4 has the same code, then it still works for me in svn from a few weeks ago (I didn't update the patch in Mandriva Cooker).

--
Marcel Pol