focus stealing prevention in xfdesktop

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 23 13:44:20 CET 2006

Hi Brian,

> Is there something xfdesktop needs to be doing?  I thought gtk was
> supposed to set NET_WM_USER_TIME automatically.

gtk updates the user time as much as it cans, but it cannot get the logic of the app all by itself :)

To achieve what you want, you may use the following (which is perfectly standard):

  gdk_x11_window_set_user_time (GdkWindow, GDK_CURRENT_TIME);

That will tell the WM that you mean to focus the window anyway even if focus prevention is enabled.

HTH
Olivier.